The Second Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Second Rising

Harry never gave up the fight, Harry stood up for what is right. Well, now it's our turn. Make a joyful sound; Voldemort is going down!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Owls

Threads and Plot Lines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LaBete

LaBete

Threads and Plot Lines Empty
PostSubject: Threads and Plot Lines   Threads and Plot Lines EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 am

I have been studying up on the forums, and I think I've got the ropes pretty well except for one thing.

I do not understand how plot lines and threads are related. It seems like the same characters can be in multiple places at once, or in different scenarios in the same location simultaneously just by being on different threads within a forum.

Which brings up a couple of questions. How many plots do we have going with the same characters and how related are they? Does something that happens in one thread affect what happens in another thread? And if a character goes from one location to another (for instance, if they walk out of Moor Manor) do they move from one thread to another (do they move to the "Streets of London" thread) or do they just stay in the same thread?
Back to top Go down
Jack Dyllan

Jack Dyllan

PostSubject: Re: Threads and Plot Lines   Threads and Plot Lines EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 am

Threads do impact each other. There is a distinct order to threads, but we do not follow it in our time. We could, potentially, write Thread A that happened three years before Three B in opposite order. They do affect each other, but we can post at different places.

Since we don't have different forum locations (IE a forum for the manor, then for London, etc) we can keep threads together - if they decided to go to Africa, we could keep it in the same thread.
Back to top Go down
James Potter

James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Threads and Plot Lines   Threads and Plot Lines EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 am

We have no rhyme or reason, sir. We try to keep the threads near the same timeline, but we aren't affixed to any certain day or anything. It's kind of like reading a book, where one chapter has two people doing one thing.....then in the next chapter it flashes back to one of those people doing something different with someone else in the past. We have multiple threads for one plot. It's not like Wolf's RP where we had one thread per plot. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Threads and Plot Lines   Threads and Plot Lines Empty

Back to top Go down

Threads and Plot Lines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Second Rising :: Roleplay :: Davy Jones' Locker-
Jump to: