The Second Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Second Rising

Harry never gave up the fight, Harry stood up for what is right. Well, now it's our turn. Make a joyful sound; Voldemort is going down!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Owls

When I see stars, that's all they are

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

When I see stars, that's all they are Empty
PostSubject: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:04 am

Charlie scribbled out a memo, his quill darting across the page as he made sure to get all the information down in one go. Once he had it all out, he would rewrite it in a more eloquent draft. The last draft would be written slowly and painstakingly, to make it as legible and professional as possible. It was a long process, and a slow one, but that was the way Charlie operated. It might take a lot of time, but it would be thorough and well done.

Finishing the first draft, Charlie set down his quill and gripped his right hand, nursing the aching phalanges with his left hand. His head raised to catch two Aurors staring at him. Charlie blinked, and they continued to stare. Charlie slowly swallowed and looked back down, picking up the quill. His eyes flitted upwards, glancing at them- they were still staring. He felt a strange presence from his left and he tilted his head. The Head's secretary was gaping at him too.

Charlie wished he knew why.

Ever since Umbridge had taken office, everyone was staring at him as though he had a plague. He had no idea why- his cousin had killed many people, and many people had been connected to those who had died, even in the Ministry. Why was he, unspectacular Charles Dursley, so suddenly interesting. The Assistant to the Head of the Department of Law Enforcement had never had so much interest shrouding him.

Why should he now?
Back to top Go down
Ted "Teddy" Lupin

Ted

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 am

Ted marched into the Department of Law Enforcement, under his guise as Norman Reedus. Since any Auror who had been connected to the Order now had a death sentence on their head (if not already dead), Ted had found it necessary to disguise himself in order to continue at the Ministry. It was a dangerous job, however Ted felt that the new Order James was putting together would need a spy...and being a metamorphus, Ted felt that this was his responsibility as the best man for the job.

"Perfect," Ted muttered to himself when he noticed that the Dursley kid was being watched again.

Why anyone could suspect Charles of being involved with the order, Ted would never know. The kid always seemed oblivious to everything around him. Something would have to be done soon to preserve the boy's life. Shouldering his way through the two Aurors who were staring at Charles, Ted strode up to the boy's desk, acting as if he had business with him.

"Move it," he snapped at the two Aurors, relying on his reputation to make them back off. Not that any of his reputation was true....Ted relied on the stupidity of the new 'workers' in the department. They would never think to investigate into his stories. The man he disguised himself as was intimidating enough....even among the lot of thugs these Death Eaters were.

"What are you working on right now, Dursley?" Ted asked aggressively.
Back to top Go down
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 am

Charlie hadn't the time to put any effort or thought into the actions of those he reluctantly called his colleagues- if he were to put even a shade of effort into considering their actions, he would blunder his way into a distraction, and distractions were dastardly to the slow-paced method that was his thought process. Once it was derailed, it took a long time to get his train of thought back on track.

He turned, looking down at his memo, which was turning into a lifelong endeavor, it seemed. What was he writing again? Oh right, new policy for handling enemies of the Ministry. What. Fun.

The ground trembled- well, it didn't, but a moment later, Charlie would swear that it had on the approach of the ferocious Auror. Charlie looked up, blinking a few times. "I... I'm filling out a memo for Carrow."

(I'll edit the Head's name if we get one. XD )
Back to top Go down
Ted "Teddy" Lupin

Ted

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am

Ted leaned in close, as if to read the memo that Charles was writing. Glancing around to make sure no one was watching them too closely, Teddy began to murmur to Charlie, trying not to move his lips too much. Wouldn't do if there was someone watching who could read lips.

"Listen, Charles," Ted whispered, "You are being watched by known Death Eaters. Yes, they are still around and definitely at large. Watch what you do, and what you say. We are working on getting you into protective custody, but right now you are being watched too closely. I suspect they may be watching for some sort of rescue attempt. Be on your guard. Keep yourself protected. Be vigilant. The ministry has a new minister, and it is not Umbridge, despite what the papers may say. Her strings are being pulled by another."

Feeling like he had been bent over Charles' desk for too long, Ted straightened up and said loudly, "Be sure to get that done for me, Dursley."

((I plan on bringing up Charles' situation at the Order meeting.))
Back to top Go down
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Norman was lingering. That was his name. Norman Reedus, who had a bad reputation for being an absolute terror. He was ferocious, he was nasty, he was one of the hardcore sticklers in the department. Completely opposite of poor Charlie, who allowed himself to be pushed to and fro so as to minimize the trouble he would have surely gotten himself into otherwise.

He drew close, looking down at the memo, and Charlie felt his stomach squirm nervously. "It's just a first draft... s-sir. It's not ready yet, at all, I still have to rewrite it two more ti-"

But Norman cut him off. Suddenly, his harsh, booming voice became quiet, soft, almost gentle, though it still retained a direct informativeness that belonged to his usual voice. Charlie inhaled everything the more experienced man released and began trying to turn it over in his head. His eyes flicked up to him, utter confusion on his face. "But I'm not even importan-"

Norman quickly resumed his usual strict stature and spoke loudly, changing the subject. Looking completely lost, Charlie said, almost miserably, "Alright sir."
Back to top Go down
Septimius Prince

Septimius Prince

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Septimius had been watching the exchange between Norm and Charlie with a keen interest. Something about Norman just did not sit right with Septimius, and to see him conversing with the brat they had been ordered to keep a sharp eye on only raised those suspicions. Septimius could not hear what was being said, but he could not help but shake the feeling that the whole thing had been staged. After Norman left, Septimius thought it just may be time to try and intimidate a bit of information out of this bloke.

"Charlie!" Septimius exclaimed from the behind the boy, clapping him jovially upon the back, "How is your day going?"

Without waiting for an answer, Septimius went on, "So...I see that you had a bit of a brush with that brute, Norman Reedus. Not in trouble are we? I for one, wouldn't want to be the subject of that man's....um, ministrations."
Back to top Go down
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Norman left Charlie in his confusion, and with a sadness in his eye brought on by his own confusion and fear at what had just transpired, Charlie let out a long, drawn out sigh before turning back to his work. He was slowly lulled into a false sense of security as he set his quill back to the piece of parchment before him, falling deep into the mundane routine of his work.

A hand grabbed his shoulder and Charlie stood up straight, ever bone in his body stiffening, as he fought the urge to yelp a strangled yell in surprise and fear. He had just allowed himself some peace of mind when Septimius Prince, one of the other frightening Aurors that prowled the halls, had approached. Charlie turned and looked up at the man, swallowing before he said, in a very diminished voice, "I'm fine."

Septimius brought up the subject of Norman- what was going on?! It seemed no one seemed to know what was going on beyond their own nose, and Charlie had the disadvantage of not even knowing that much. Charlie heaved a shrug, saying, "Not sure what he was going on about. I think he was... just trying to scare me, or something."
Back to top Go down
Septimius Prince

Septimius Prince

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 am

This struck Septimus as odd. The Aurors had all been fed information that Charles was to be watched, but not to be alerted to their attentions. Bullying the boy would most definitely fall under 'drawing suspicion to their activities.'

"Now, what reason would 'ol Reedus have to scare the paper-pusher of our department," Septimius asked, keeping his voice nonchalant, "Don't have something on him, do ya?"

Septimius said this last part in a joking manner, as though having some sort of secret information worth blackmailing Reedus over was a laughable manner....however, one never knew. Septimius watched closely for Charles' reaction out of the corner of his eye, careful to keep his face cheerful.
Back to top Go down
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Charlie felt as though he had said something wrong, but he wasn't sure why he should feel that way. There was no reason for him to feel as though he said something wrong. He had no reason to protect either of the men, no reason to hide secrets from each other- he didn't even like one more than the other. And yet he suddenly felt himself pitted between Prince and Reedus, and he hated this feeling.

It was time to duck out. He looked up at Prince and forced the words out with as casual a smile as he could, "I think he just takes pleasure in scaring anyone he can, really. I may have been closest at hand, is all." Prince's words turned Charlie white- is this what was happening? Aurors fishing for information from each other? Prince suddenly laughed and Charlie forced a terrified laugh out too, saying,"Yeah, that'd be... something."
Back to top Go down
Septimius Prince

Septimius Prince

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Septimius regarded Charlie for a few more seconds, noting how he had paled. Innocent terror? ....or had Septimius struck a chord?

"Shouldn't allow yourself to be pushed around like that, boy," Septimius said, sitting on the corner of Charlie's desk, "If you don't stand up for yourself in this department, everyone will walk right over you."
Back to top Go down
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Charlie nodded, a little disappointed to see Prince settling on the edge of his desk, making himself comfortable and making Charlie infinitely more uncomfortable. Alright- he was very disappointed. He wanted the conversation to end so he could get his work done and hurry home, away from his confusion. "Yeah... I'll have to remember that. Thanks." You can go now...

((Muse... failing... XD))
Back to top Go down
Septimius Prince

Septimius Prince

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 pm

((No worries. My muse is failing big time in this thread, lol. Just only so much you can do in an office.....perhaps we could let it trail off and come back to it the day that the Order makes a rescue attempt....a rescue attempt which will go horribly wrong and nearly cost everyone their lives! Kill! ))

"My dear boy," Septimius laughed, "Already you are failing to heed my advice. Surely you have work to be getting done....far too much to be gabbing at the jaw with me! Make your excuses! Ask me to leave! Grow some backbone, boy!"

Septimius would continue to keep his eye on the boy, but for now he would content himself with rattling him a bit. Nervousness always made one loose at the lips. Perhaps some sort of clue would be revealed to Septimius concerning the reason as to why they were watching the man.
Back to top Go down
Charles Dursley

Charles Dursley

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 am

((yeah my muse for this failed. XD We'll have a thread for the rescue))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When I see stars, that's all they are   When I see stars, that's all they are Empty

Back to top Go down

When I see stars, that's all they are
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Second Rising :: Roleplay :: Wizarding World-
Jump to: